Keeping it Cheap

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Top: Op Shop// Jeans: Op Shop/DIY// Bag: Target// Belt: MinkPink// Necklace: Lovisa// Shoes: Converse

001. I'm getting a really 90's vibe from this outfit... I think it's the top. I picked it up ages ago, but I haven't worn it yet, due to some alterations I needed to make. The tag on it says Billabong but it looks pretty 'old style' so who knows it may be from the actual 90's. The shorts, also an op shop find, were brand new jeans and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out after working some DIY magic into them. 

002. I'm quite proud of the fact that most of this outfit actually came from op shops and probably for under $5 each. Some of my friends aren't a fan of the whole op/thrift/secondhand shopping thing, and it really annoys me. People are so narrow minded sometimes and think that it's 'gross' or 'weird' but in fact it's not at all. If you are, like me, a student on a budget, I highly recommend it. Firstly because you can find things no one else has, secondly it's cheap as chips and thirdly a lot of the profits go to charity. Yes, you may have to do a bit more digging or have a good eye to sort through the good and the bad, however in the end it's actually really rewarding and you can totally make it sound more chic by calling it 'vintage.' 

003. If you have stuck through this blog post long enough to read my little rant, I applaud you and hope you have a lovely day. 


Lena x

20 comments

  1. love this outfit and i love op shopping! i think its silly when people turn their nose up at it too! xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little shorts! The colour is so nice. I love thrift shopping, you can find great things that no one else has, ignore people who don't like it! x

    http://www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about opshopping and it having negative connotations, a lot of my friends also think it's 'gross'. But cutest outfit ever, I need to go opshopping soon!
    xx
    7thand52nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely agree! i love love second hand shopping and i think it's so much more interesting and rewarding. i'm so in love with this outfit, i need a top like that too!

    www.paleshadow.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you on the thrift shopping, most of my friends think its weird to! Thing's are like brand new after a quick wash, you look amazing in your thrifty finds, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou lovely! i always love your thifty finds :)

      Delete
  6. Love it! :)
    youngbutambitious.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your look! Before reading your little 'rant' I indeed thought of the 90's! It really works! And I get where you coming from with the thrift shopping. Though I don't find it weird or gross, I just find it too time absorbing :') guess I'm just lazy, haha. But once in a while I do like spitting through all sorts of stuff to find the right item :)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely look! xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the crop top tank! It's so interesting that it's a knit!

    xx.
    fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
  10. perfect outfit, looks effortless and laidback!
    i know what you mean about thrifting i love it so much, my friends don't really enjoy it so i just go with my mum :)
    fashioncult
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wauw those shorts are lovely, they look great on you!
    I love your blog, and now i am going to follow you :) love, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the shorts! so effortlessly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the outfit, the crop top looks amazing !!!

    Love it if you checked out my blog
    http://mimithecloakroom.wordpress.com/

    Mimi x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit, especially the shorts!x

    Electra Violet

    ReplyDelete
  15. that top is pretty cool xx

    www.whenhippiesruledtheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your top! Definitely a 90's vibe to it ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  17. this outfit is fantastic! 90s school kid, it would look totally awesome with a tartan flanno top wrapped around your waist too! and good on you for staying true to yourself and your opshopping beliefs! i'm a firm believer in the power of opshopping, you're also minimising your waste output and reducing carbon emissions, all which are very good things!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.