Arctic Monkeys Concert

Sunday, 11 May 2014


001. On Wednesday night I was fortunate enough to attend an Arctic Monkeys concert and it was incredible! We arrived at the venue at around 4pm, waiting for the outside gates to open at 5.30pm, then running in to line up for the internal doors to the actual arena to open at 7pm. It sounds like a long time but seriously went so quickly (excitement helps with waiting). Originally our tickets were for the second barrier general admission area, however when we walked in there was no barrier, just one huge mosh pit. This is how I ended up in the second row of people, centre stage for the Arctic Monkeys. Yes, I did take this photo and no, this isn't even zoomed in.... I WAS THIS CLOSE TO ALEX TURNER IN THE FLESH! Sorry about the yelling; I'm still in shock that this night even happened. 

002. The mosh pit was insane, but totally worth it. The whole show was amazing! Singing majority of songs from their new album AM and a few older ones (my favourites being Fluorescent Adolescent, Brianstorm, Dancing Shoes and I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor), the band performed every song perfectly- seriously they sound the exact same live as they do on their albums, although Alex Turner's voice may be even sexier live (if that is even humanly possible). Without me rambling on too much longer about how much I love the Arctic Monkeys, I'll leave you with this piece of advice: 1. if you don't already listen to their music GO NOW (your ears will thank you for it later) and 2. if you ever have the chance to see them live DO IT (you won't regret it!). 

PS. Tell me what you think of their music or if you've ever seen them live!

PPS. Sorry for this weird quality photo; it's from my instagram and looked a lot better on an iPhone screen

Lena x

28 comments

  1. this sounds incredible! I can't express my love for them enough ahh<3 you're so lucky to have been in second row! xxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee the Arctic Monkeys and would love to see them live! Sounds like you had a great time! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being Jealousy of you 3..2..1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i am insanely jealous, they are way up there in my top 5 bands to see live, *fingers crossed* going to see them next year. im so glad to hear they sound as amazing live as they do on record (not that i would expect anything less) xo
    refreshion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were incredible! I hope you get tickets! x

      Delete
  6. I love the Arctic Monkeys! I am so jealous of you. I would love to see them live x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw them in Sydney! they were incredible live, and although I was stuck right up the back it was still the best concert I've ever been to. I also sat next to the keys player of my second favourite band which was pretty cool!

    http://mymotherdressesme.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thin kI've still got post concert depression! that is so cool, what band is it?
      I love your blog gal x

      Delete
  8. ahh you were so lucky to get that close! I was at the Melbourne one on Friday and it was incredible, by the end I was just crazily screaming and dancing, so. much. fun. At the end Alex was like, "you've been grand, i want to throw you all into a swimming pool- in the best way possible- and fish you out one by one, something playful you know?" UGHHHHH he knows EXACTLY what he's doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg I love him so much; I saw that quote floating around on tumblr, so cool that it was from your concert night!

      Delete
  9. Oh God, the Arctic ♥ I would love to see them, you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had an amazing time!! I haven't got into them yet to be honest, all my friends love their music but I just haven't got there - maybe need to try again? (Haven't actually heard one of their songs in like a month) :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean, I've kinda done that with other bands, but yes you should totally give them another chance!

      Delete
  11. Oh my! I was at that gig on wednesday! It was amazing! I've seen them every time they have come out and they keep getting better and better, it was just fantastic. Best night! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thats so cool that we both were there, it was amazing x

      Delete
  12. I went to the same concert! the mosh was insane but so good :)
    x neophytekid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, how amazing was it!? I love your blog gal, just followed x

      Delete
  13. One word... JEALOUS. ugh omg. I HAVE to go next time they do a tour

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO BRILLIANT LENA!!!

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so lucky! i have to wait for T in the Park until I can see them what a bummer!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing the line up for that, it looks amazing!

      Delete
  16. So so jealous! I need to see them live x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out x

    www.joyyiu.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. you were soooo close to alex turner. blowing my mind!

    bon x
    www.bowiebowie.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I attended Arctic Monkey's Sydney show on the Tuesday and oh-boy it was a blast! I go to gigs fairly regularly but Alex Turner is in a league of his own being an incredible entertainer! Also centre barrier is a great spot considering you didn't wait all that long beforehand (I queued from 10 am)

    Paige | paperdoll-chronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Man, I love those dudes

    architecturalf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.