Sunday, 31 August 2014
001. This week I've decided to do a little round-up of a few albums I've been listening to on repeat recently. So many of my favourite artists have been releasing new albums lately, so I thought I should a few of my top picks with you.
002. Milky Chance, Sadnecessary: This album is really cool to listen to. I would describe it as chilled-folky-electronic. The German duo behind the band are doing great things and have just been announced for the Falls Festival line-up too (which is AMAZING). Some of my favourite songs from the album are Stunner, Flashed Junk Mind and Down By The River.
003. Angus and Julia Stone (Self Titled Album): If you haven't heard of this talented brother and sister duo before, where have you been! So far I have adored every single album they have produced and this one is no exception. Seriously, both of their voices are so beautiful to listen to and have a really rock/folky vibe to them. My top picks from the album are My Word For It, a Heartbreak, Heart Beats Slow and Little Whiskey... actually scratch all that, the whole album is the best thing you will hear all day.
004. Asgeir, In the Silence: I was lucky enough to see this talented man at Splendour last month. His voice and music is incredible, and so beautiful to listen to. Probably the only artist on my iPod that is from Iceland too (just a fun fact). iTunes does a pretty good job summing up the genre saying "Asgeir specializes in soulful and intimate, electronic-tinged indie folk songs," and if that description alone doesn't make you want to go and listen to this album, I don't know what will. Favourite songs from the album are In The Silence, King and Cross, In Harmony and Going Home.
005. Sticky Fingers, Land of Pleasure: Another recent favourite band of mine... like I mean I've been obsessed with them probably all year now. Their sound is an ultra cool mix of reggae rock. They are super great live too, one of my favourite acts from Splendour. I'd also like to give an honourable mention to their previous album Caress Your Soul, which was very cool. My top picks from this new album are Gold Snafu, Just For You, Rum Rage and Dreamland.
006. Hope you liked this little music post and that it wasn't too long. I would love to hear what you have been listening to lately, pop your recommendations in the comments. I''ll have outfit posts returning by next weekend when I get a camera again!