001. As promised... some film snaps from the most magical three days of my life. Splendour is so hard to explain... it is honestly like a new little world in there, filled with music, dancing and good vibes. This was my first time making the short trip down to Byron for the festival and I have decided that I want to go every year from now on. I saw an insane number of cool music people over the weekend so I'm going to try and give a quick day-by-day summary of it all.
002. The first day of Splendour started off with the DMA's, grooving to Kite String Tangle and having a rad time at Ball Park Music (who always put on an amazing show). We saw Asgeir, who was very cool and very cute, ending almost every song with a little 'thankyou' in his Icelandic accent. Then moved on to Kelis, to make some milkshakes. Angus and Julia Stone were a definite highlight of Friday, I've loved their music for a few years now so it was so lovely to see them live. And of course, we ended the Friday night with headliners, Outkast, shaking it like a polaroid picture.
003. Saturday was possibly even better. Starting with a bit of Circa Waves, then moving on to Sticky Fingers (complete with the experience of sitting on a strangers shoulders and confetti). We saw the super babe that is Sky Ferreira and Future Islands, who have the coolest frontman ever. Foals were incredible... probably in my opinion a better choice than Two Door Cinema Club who they were replacing (even though I love them too). We then ended the night with a little bit of Rufus and Vance Joy.
004. By Sunday feet were aching and sleep deprivation was beginning to catch up, but it was the last day of Splendour so of course you ignore all that. The Sunday lineup was amazing. In the morning we caught The Creases, Skaters, D.D Dumbo, a little bit of Jungle and Sam Smith (who covered an Arctic Monkeys song and made me excited). Grouplove was insane, one of my favourite acts of the whole three days. Then Chvrches, Hilltop Hoods, Foster the People and Lily Allen. Such an amazing group of acts to end the weekend!
005. Wow, sorry that was a lot of writing... Posting this has made me miss Splendour even more. Tell me if you went too, or if you have ever seen any of these performers live, I'd love to hear!