Sunday, 29 March 2015
001. A couple of Thursdays ago I was lucky enough to attend an advanced screening of the film 'Dior and I,' thanks to winning a couple of tickets from Izzy's blog. Me and Mum headed out into the city, to one of my favourite little cinemas, known for screening less 'major' films and more indie/doco genres, such as Dior and I.
002. The film basically is a documentary following Raf Simons as he designs his first haute couture collection for Dior in 2012, in only 8 weeks. It gives a wonderful insight into the world of haute couture, the people, dedication and attention to detail that goes into every aspect of creating a collection. My favourite moment was probably the end when the whole collection was debuted on the catwalk (and OMG all those flowers!). The film is made so beautifully; it is funny, it is insightful and sometimes even very emotional. The documentary really is an example of a true labor of love created by the talented bunch of designers and collaborators.
003. Film reviews clearly aren't my thing... but I am totally recommending Dior and I! A delight for all fashion lovers, even if you don't follow high fashion religiously. Hell, I'll even recommend this film to anyone who isn't even interested in fashion, and just likes to watch a good documentary! Seriously, if my words haven't really grabbed your attention enough, just go watch it. You will thank me for it later.
Saturday, 7 March 2015
find a bag for uni that can actually fit everything
buy fresh fruit and veg
get enough sleep
go to the beach and enjoy the end of the summer
001. I guess this post is kinda a list of 'things to do' for the upcoming week. Nothing too exciting really, but if I post it on here I might actually get things done. I really am the worst at procrastinating and just getting nothing done in general. Fingers crossed I can actually set this list and be productive!
Sunday, 1 March 2015
Shorts: Somedays Lovin via Verge Girl// Top: Op Shop// Bag: Anthropologie// Shoes: Sportsgirl// Hat: General Pants// Earrings: Colette
001. How cute are these shorts!? I picked them up on a total whim the other day when passing the '2 for $30' sales rack. But totally no regrets. They seem like very fitting attire to wear on the last day of summer. I also picked up a really funky tee in the 'twofer' deal so might do a post with it coming up soon.
002. I started university this week and honestly it wasn't that great but wasn't that bad. Not really sure how I feel about it so far, but I guess it was only week one so I'll just have to wait and see. One thing's for sure though, waking up early and trying to not outfit repeat is a mission when you're still half asleep.
003. Also quick apologies for the extreme contrast in these photos... it just seems to happen when I upload them to Blogger?! Hope the upcoming week brings you happiness and surprises!
todays tune: dancing in the dark (cover), the temper trap