Film Review- Dior and I

Sunday, 29 March 2015


001. A couple of Thursdays ago I was lucky enough to attend an advanced screening of the film 'Dior and I,' thanks to winning a couple of tickets from Izzy's blog. Me and Mum headed out into the city, to one of my favourite little cinemas, known for screening less 'major' films and more indie/doco genres, such as Dior and I.

002. The film basically is a documentary following Raf Simons as he designs his first haute couture collection for Dior in 2012, in only 8 weeks. It gives a wonderful insight into the world of haute couture, the people, dedication and attention to detail that goes into every aspect of creating a collection. My favourite moment was probably the end when the whole collection was debuted on the catwalk (and OMG all those flowers!). The film is made so beautifully; it is funny, it is insightful and sometimes even very emotional. The documentary really is an example of a true labor of love created by the talented bunch of designers and collaborators.

003. Film reviews clearly aren't my thing... but I am totally recommending Dior and I! A delight for all fashion lovers, even if you don't follow high fashion religiously. Hell, I'll even recommend this film to anyone who isn't even interested in fashion, and just likes to watch a good documentary! Seriously, if my words haven't really grabbed your attention enough, just go watch it. You will thank me for it later.

Lena x


9 comments

  1. i'm crap at doing film reviews as well but your post definitely made me curious, need to go check it out!

    www.undersizedcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely want to watch this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally should, it's lovely x

      Delete
  3. I really love this your post, because everything is so beautiful!
    You did a great job! Wait for a new one!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love "film reviews clearly aren't my thing" - They're hard but you did good! I haven't watched a good doco in a while.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks gal, you should definitely have a look at it! x

      Delete
  5. Ahh I need to see! Love this post girl, coming to melbs anytime soon? xx

    yecrad.com

    ReplyDelete

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.