Oh The Places You'll Go...

Friday, 26 June 2015


001. "Congratulations! Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go." (Dr Suess- my favourite book to find inspiration- seriously go read it NOW!)

002. Lately (well for majority of this year) I've had this ongoing feeling which is hard to put my finger on. I have a strong desire, a need, a passion to ESCAPE, EXPLORE, LEARN and GROW. Life is one big adventure and even though I am only really at the beginning of mine, I know it is something I want more than anything. 

003. This year, I have undertaken what is called a "gap year" and to be totally honest my adventures are yet to fully start. I have loved having the time to get to know myself better this year and have a lot of big adventures in store beginning at the end of July. Don't worry I promise to keep you updated in more detail in future blog posts before I jet off in a plane on big adventures! 

004. My intention with travel is to learn more about the world, cultures, myself, other people and new exciting places. I want to fully immerse myself into whatever gets thrown my way. I want to truly live- have no set-in-stone plans and just take every day as it comes, embracing the adventures that follow. I have big dreams, but I figure there's no better time than the present. Why put off following your dreams to wait for a more convenient time? How long will you put it off for? Until you finish uni? Until you have a proper career? Until you pay off a house? Until you're married? I'm ambitious but I'm confident and passionate about achieving meaning in life, which I want to pursue through the avenue of travel. 

005. My life so far has been safe, happy and somewhat sheltered. But I want to discover more and see more. I am so thankful for everything that has lead me on my path so far and I can't wait to continue to see where it takes me. For once I'm actually excited for life! For new experiences and new adventures! Watch this space to see what else is going on in my head and in my life. I want to share my journey on this blog (my online diary I guess) as a way to document my musings and adventures to come! Talk soon.

Lena x


11 comments

  1. I believe in travel, it is one of the best ways to educate and culture yourself. I hope you go everywhere you want x

    aforvogue

    New Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun exploring in your gap year, loved this post! I hope to take a gap year next year, eek exciting x

    http://jolifromwithin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it! seriously so good for the soul x

      Delete
  3. this post makes me want to run outside and see the world! have fun with your travels?

    p.s. where did you take all these photos? they're so cool

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha um that's supposed to be an exclamation mark, not a question mark (after travels)

      ...oops...

      Delete
    2. ahh I wish I took these photos, sadly they are just some I've come across on tumblr. thank you girl!

      Delete
  4. These photos are amazing and so inspiring, I would love to go on an adventure x

    stylingfaithfully.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post and I hope you have amazing adventures! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Suess is beyond amazing his quotes just brighten up the universe! This post inspires me and I look forward to seeing more of your adventures!!! :)

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100% come to melbourne!!!

    ReplyDelete

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.