ART SHARE

Thursday, 23 June 2016


001. Lately I have felt so passionate about creativity. I want to encourage people to be passionate, to be free, to do what makes them happy and to just CREATE. I thought that I would share a few of my favourite creators and artists that I have stumbled across via the Instagram world that are constantly inspiring me and feeding my creative soul.

@kalula_art // This talented gal combines beautiful life-like drawings, with gorgeous wooden textures and pastel hues. They are all so beautiful! I especially love the recent series she did with whales and turtles, because all sea creatures have a super soft spot in my heart. Did I mention she is an illustrator AND a graphic designer? Talk about talented!

@merakilabbe // I have been following this little fairy forever and am still head-over-heels in love with every illustration she posts. Her work can be described as "minimal, surrealist visions, cosmic magic, earth-related, ethereal, sacred plants and ideas which express interconnected spirit." On her website there is also a little thing called an ink permit- which is $50 of commission if you are going to use one of her designs for a tattoo. Which I think is awesome because dammit WE NEED TO SUPPORT OUR ARTISTS!

@penabranca // This guy is pretty cool. I found him via his geometric, intricate designs, but he posts loads of cool stuff. Honestly, I don't know much about him other than that he is a Brazilian visual artist but just look at his work. Do you need further convincing???

@ododua.aum // This lady is my newest insta-discovery which I adore. I first fell in love with her mermaid sketches (see what I told you about me and sea creatures?) but all her art is totally empowering, beautiful, feminist goodness. All of her captions are not in English, so really I have no clue what she is saying however it doesn't matter! Art is art and you don't need words to feel something. I love, love, love her work and am excited to share it with you!

@leafandpetalvintage // I love collaging, and I just have a really huge appreciation for it to be carried out so beautifully. I mean, look at how well each tiny image is cut out- they are all made by hand! Plus, they are sourced from vintage magazines etc. which makes me love them even more. Karen is based in South Australia and does free workshops fairly regularly in the Adelaide area (so if you are a south coast babe, get on that). These collages make me want to go to my local op shop, buy some vintage National Geographic mags, sip on some chai tea and collage a rainy afternoon away.

002. If you follow any budding creatives that inspire you I would love to get some recommendations. I'm open minded about creativity and appreciate any type of creative endeavours, so please please please hit me up if you have any favourites!

Lena x

Post a Comment

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.