A GIANTS PLAYGROUND

Monday, 13 February 2017


001. Stop number two on the roadtrip was Girraween National Park, located about 3 hours west of Brisbane. This was my first time camping at Girraween and it has safely secured itself a spot in my favourite camping destinations off all time! My reasons for this are because... this campground only costs $6 a night per person (bargain), it has hot showers AND flush toilets, each campsite has it's own picnic table AND fire pit, and (finally) all the campsites are well spread out from one another- no need to here what your neighbour is getting up to all night (hurray)! That's without even mentioning all the killer hikes you can do, the abundance of clear creeks to take a dip in and the overall beautiful scenery. Cannot recommend this little national park enough! 

002. Another highlight of this camping trip was our decision to purchase a Trangia cooking stove before we left. Unlike lots of other camp cookers, it runs off alcohol, so there is no need to lug around a big stove or an exploding can of gas. It's super easy to use and compact (ideal for when you are travelling in one of the smallest cars on the market). Our meals on this all turned out to delicious and I have never felt more gourmet on a camping trip in my life. We made oats, pasta, soups and dhal. Low-key considering that I should start a healthy how-to camping cookbook because that is how impressed I am with this little cooker! Just another thing I cannot recommend enough to everyone! If you are thinking of buying one, we picked ours up from Wild Earth (the most epic camping/adventure store) because it was the best price we found in Australia. 

003. I still have one more little instalment of photos from this trip coming up shortly. If you want to stay extra updated with posts don't forget I have a Facebook page. The only thing I EVER post is when new things go up on here, so I promise the page is completely spam free, yay!

Lena x

Post a Comment

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.