THE SUNSHINE STATE

Saturday, 11 March 2017


001. Hello lovely people! Since we last spoke there has been some pretty huge changes in my life and I thought it was about time I documented them on this blog/journal thing I've got going on. Firstly, I moved up to the Sunshine Coast! If you're not from Australia this little slice of the earth probably sounds too good to be true, and it totally is. Beautiful endless stretches of beaches, lush green hinterland rolling hills, farmers markets on every corner and a general chilled out, laid back way of life. I live in a tiny little self-contained shack at the back of a share house and spend most of my time endlessly attempting to get the never-ending sand out of my bed each time I go to sleep (I'm on the verge of giving up and just accepting the mermaid-esque way of life). The downside however is that I currently don't have a job, so between paying rent, buying food for the week and filling up petrol in my car, cash is very very very low. I'm on the job hunt (and praying that something pulls through shortly) but until I actually get my first pay check you will probably find me at the beach- because that little beauty is always completely free!

002. Big life change number two is that I am now a full time uni student! I'm only two weeks in but so far so good. I'm studying a Bachelor of Design and am hoping to major in graphic design and e-media design later down the track, with a bit of photography as a minor. I don't really have an exact career plan or have any clue where this will lead me; all I know so far is that I enjoy mucking around and creating things in this field, so would love to learn some real skills about how to do it properly.

003. Two major life updates is enough for one post right? I'm trying to get back into messing around with photography and taking my camera everywhere, so I hope to produce more content and post it on here as regularly as possible. Here are a couple of snaps I took today when I realised that the weekend is probably a good time to avoid the beach if you don't want to listen to screaming children and arguing parents, but hey ho the water was still incredible (I am honestly living for this endless summer). I took these shots on my camera but am experimenting with some Photoshop techniques to make them appear like a bit of 35mm film work. What do you think of the edits? Authentic or not? Either way I'm not in a good financial place to spend money on film right now so it's the closest to real thing you will be seeing on here for a while!

Lena x

1 comment

  1. ah you are incredibly lucky to be so close to the beach, i'm in awe! i know the struggles of being a broke ass student, it really does suck! hopefully it'll all go to plan once the job comes in :)
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.