HOME

Wednesday, 12 July 2017


001. Here are a collection of photos from recent adventures around the beautiful place in the world I currently call home. There are beaches kissed by the the big salty blue as far as the eye can see, and tall green mountains that greet you with cool crisp fresh air and the familiar sounds of the bush. I am one very very lucky gal.

002. The concept of 'home' is one that I have a lot of weird feelings about and just something I can't quite put my finger on. For the past couple of years I have found myself moving around this big beautiful country a fair amount and constantly changing what I call home. I have lived in small mundane suburban towns on the outskirts of cities, in the centre of this sunburnt country where the earth is always red and sky is always blue, and now in a small coastal city where oceans of the clearest blue meet the green lush hinterland. 

003. I have been very blessed to live in such beautiful places and loving every minute of it, but there is just a nagging feeling constantly at the back of my head and in my heart telling me that I won't be here long. Just the thought of pushing through my current university degree and staying in the ONE PLACE for 3 WHOLE YEARS kinda scares me to death. Don't get me wrong, I love learning and studying but I don't want it to be the be-all-end-all that stops me from living life as a whole.

004. I don't know if I really identify with the concept of home being a specific place. I like to think that I can create a home within myself (I mean that to sound as least-crazy person like as possible). Is home a place? A person? A feeling? Is home familiarity, where you are guaranteed on seeing someone you know on a grocery run? Or is it feeling a complete sense of peace and belonging while standing on a rooftop looking out a city you have only been in for 24 hours? Is it the smell of a home-cooked dinner? Or is it feeling comfortable in yourself, no matter where you are in the world? I'm really going off on a tangent here, but I just don't want to accept things- I want to question life- home included. 

005. I honestly have no idea what the point of this post was, but it was nice to take the time and contemplate what home means- I recently watched this video on the Messy Heads youtube channel and plan to purchase the third issue ASAP because it seems like it is everything I need to hear and read right now. Here's to finding home, in people, in places, in feelings and in yourself. 

Lena x

Post a Comment

you've just made my day! thank-you for taking the time to comment x

Latest Instagrams

© Frockled. Design by Fearne.